I have held nearly every position in the fashion industry. From public relations, to marketing, to photo shoot stylist, to professional steamer of all fabrics, to mega model dresser, to master fabric swatch organizer- I have experienced nearly all aspects (tedious and wonderful) of the fashion industry. My knowledge and experience has increased over the years, and I have learned the basic rules of style, fashion and the industry. My style has evolved but my innate style sightings and finds are nearly the same. There are 10 basic principles that I believe about style and follow in my day-to-day life. The Style Pundit is my opportunity to share with you- the world wide fashion blogosphere- my beliefs, trend setting ideas, styling’s do’s and please don’ts, and the best place to get the biggest bang for your buck.
1. Never wear anything once.
2. Let your style be uniquely yours, but identifiable with others.
3. Fit can make or break a look.
4. Staples build a closet. Trendy additions are enhancers and the proverbial cherry on top.
5. Wear white year round.
6. The older the better. I live and die for vintage.
7. Frequently “steal” pieces from your boyfriend’s closet.
8. Do not take getting dressed too seriously. Fashion is meant to be fun and fancy free.
9. Style comes in all forms, shapes, sizes, prices, and backgrounds.
10. Develop your own style.
I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.